Friday, November 20, 2009

On Time Management...

Been trying to juggle my time with a whole list of responsibilities and roles that I currently hold... well, what can I say except that I am really in need of a very important skill right now... TIME MANAGEMENT SKILL! :p

Theoretically speaking, it is not difficult to handle many things at a go, being a multitasker I'd say. But this time, it's not just about being a multitasker, but about being the person I need to be (as a wife, mummy, daughter, employee, student, etc) and strive to carry out my responsibilities with the best of my ability.... OK OK... enough said! Practically speaking, it is really not easy. Sometimes I could just stare blankly at the white wall and think of nothing but rest. I just needed that.

I've so much to do and learn in my new workplace (not a complaint but a fact) and I currently enjoy going for my classes in uni. There are also so many assignments given... assignments that I've no complaints, cuz I'm really enjoying each one of it. The only BIG BUT about all these is.... I'm just afraid I couldnt complete it due to time. At times I had to stay back in the office just to do some of my assignments as being at home, my role is totally switched to MUMMY!

One thing I know I cannot compromise is my role as a mummy (and wife). Therefore, the times that I have left everyday after work is so essential to be given to my family. Every evening when I come home, I will make sure I'll spend quality time with little Sarah. Sometimes I do need to stay back at work for a little while more before heading for home, but after that, it's Sarah's time. I did for a couple of times brought work home. First attempt to do it with Sarah being present with me, but failed to distract her with other paper and pencil. She just wanted her hands on mine! But anyway, I only had one choice then... wait for her to sleep (apparently I slept too!). So i woke up earlier in the morning to complete my work.

So, other than work, it's the studies that I have to juggle with. Books to read and study and research to be done.

At present, these are my assignments (in brief):

1. Create a book for a child (for ages between 0-8yo)
2. Propose an ideal kindergarten - design the environment of my childhood centre.
3. Plan activities which encourage children using their senses.
4. 16 practical observations to be done with my little nephew (I've not started any yet!)
5. A lot other art assignments that are done on weekly basis (will post some pix of them later! :))

OK-la... so there you are... the summary of my life right now. Seriously need time management skill to handle each and every "assignments" given to me (in school, at work & at home)
Pray for me ok? Thank u! Sieh sieh! Terima kasih! Nandri!

3 comments:

Tandanie said...

Very interesting assignments... Need help? hehe
Well, so far you have done a good job!

stephanie kok said...

you are a very busy student...but your assignment sound difficult leh..

Derek D said...

Thankks for posting this