Monday, March 8, 2010

My busy "life" and the victims of it!

It's been yet again another phase of "busy life" that I am going through at this moment. It's all about work and studies mainly that took so much of my time away that I can hardly spend time with my family or even walk with the Lord.

Currently, am still serving in the worship ministry as well as involve in cell. In one way or another, it's helping me to keep my feet standing on "holy ground" :p

Almost everyday I wake up early in the morning, sometimes earlier than usual so I could prepare myself better (for my work or studies)... but very rare that I would wake up earlier to spend time with God... I'm so sorry, Lord :( ...what more to get myself out of the bed earlier to blog!

Both hubby and lil Sarah are also victim of my "busy-ness"... For the past one week, Sarah has been "n-a-u-*-*-*-*"... No, it's not a cursed word or anything, but I told myself not to call her that too often as I really must proclaim good behaviour in her. (In Jesus' name - AMEN!) Anyway, she's been sleeping later than usual and she'll be jumping up and down the bed, walking here and there, singing songs, talking to herself, etc etc... just making it harder for me to sleep. All I did for 3 nights was to scold her and make her cry to sleep. You see... I was really too tired to think properly... or rather to educate properly. After the 3rd night, as she continues her "routine", I decided to turn to the Lord.... (why didnt I think of that earlier??!)... prayed for her... and hugged her like I always did... and told her nicely to sleep... Minutes later, she slept... and I slept...

Power of prayer, ya? But what I also realized was that she did all that to get my attention and thinking of that made me just want to slap my face! I have lacked in spending quality time with her and thus, her misbehaviour. I thank the Lord that I learn to run to Him and He gave me wisdom to handle situations. I also must thank my boss for reminding me of this "weapon" in handling difficult children. She said, "Pray... and you'll see results". I shared to her about the challenge I faced when I'm to handle the children in class and especially those that are really difficult and just wouldn't care to listen. Sometimes, the frustration I faced made me think twice of this path I've chosen... Anyways, God knows why I am in where I am and do what I am doing... I know I am learning a lot everyday and the experiences are somewhat far beyond money can buy... The experiences I have with the children, and most importantly, the experiences I have with my little princess.
So much things to share... really... but time aint on my side. I wrote this post a week ago, but only managed to post it today... cuz... I did not finish writing then... *duh!* :)
OK-lah.... back to studies.... it's past my working hours actually but I'm here to study a little bit before I head off for home. My little girl's waiting for me I know... I could now imagine her giving me her cheeky smile and calling for me to "pao-pao" her.
I'll still blog a little bit here and there just to release tension... Second semester is really no joke for me. The lecturers this time are more 'demanding' compared to the 1st. Assignments are not just a one-time thing which is to be submitted by end of semester but for certain subjects, submission of assignments is a weekly thing. I really need to draw strength from my Lord.

5 comments:

stephaeni kok said...

Mmmm...I ponder......

Why u get yourself into so busy in life?

Why not concentrate on nurturing Sarah and taking care of the household..?

I think everyone have their own goal to achieve...maybe...

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I am Daniel(Step's brother) If you know any baby born this year or last year in Selangor state please ask them to go to the nearest ADUN Office to register TAWAS, once approved the baby will received RM1500 from the Selangor state government

richrach said...

hmm... i dont know how to read chinese... hope i can get a translation for this? thanks! :)

Steff, how i wish i could answer u this question with confidence but maybe not now. yes, own goal and achievement tentu ada punya... but what is it exactly i'm not too sure. i do hope i could concentrate on nurturing sarah at this time, but it's not as easy as being said... sad to say.

hi daniel, thanks for dropping by. noted of your msg. thx!

Jeslyn said...

Same here. Sometimes I feel like quitting my job to take care of the kids (because the demand from work nowadays is just so muchh leaving me so tired at the end of each day) but at the same time, I don't know whether I can take care of the two kiddos myself. Dilemma betul...

Tandanie said...

Mummies! ... I came across an article in the newspaper some weeks ago... it showed that a high % of mothers quitting their job just because of wanting to nurture and care for their children.
Well, of course we all wish to quit our job just like what Stephaeni said but then on the other hand there is the BIG commitment issue ... the $$$! So tht answer to Stephaeni's question.