Monday, December 21, 2009

[+video] Threading activity

I had the privilege to bring home the thread and beads from school to do my observation with my lil nephew. All the kids at home seemed to enjoy doing threading. It's something new for them and I'm thrilled to watch them do the threading, and for Sarah... at such a young age! It was meant for children aged 3 above to get their fine motor skills "sharpened", but I see Sarah enjoyed this activity a lot, and she's developing pretty well too. Once, when I came home from school, she asked me for the ball-ball (the beads), which I had to apologize to her for not bringing back that night... :)

Do enjoy this video of Sarah doing the threading. If you have toddlers at home, I do encourage you parents to get a hold of threading activity like this. There's a lot of different types of threading activities that you can find in shops that sells educational toys. Go! Try it! It's really fun! And.... don't forget your video camera! :)

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

Good job! Well, threading is not only for 3 years old... you can start to encourage this activity as early as 18 mths.
So, i know wht Christmas gift i can get for Sarah... hehehe

richrach said...

Haha! Means the package print is wrong lor... they put there for 3 y.o. above! :p I guess because they're just afraid tht the younger kids would put those beads in their mouth and accidentally swallow them! :)

All i want for Christmas is.... kekekeke... :D