Wednesday, April 30, 2008

People Need the Lord

My recent experience with baby Sarah had made me realise that sane people can go insane for just any reason! Hmmm... what scary thought! I was talking to my mum about this and she said that's why there are so many cases out there showing babies get abused and killed, whether by their own parents, caretakers or maids. It's so sad to learn that people could do such a thing to innocent beings.

I am an average person, living an average life. Growing up in a Christian family, I was taught to fear God and keep His commandments. Having said that and being a mother now who had recently experience some unpleasant moments while caring for the baby, i have to admit that without God, my life would totally be in a mess. If i walk carelessly and fall into the wrong path, things will get pretty bad. As we now can see the many terrible news we watch on TV or read in the newspapers, it's alarming to know that any average person could do terrible things! Sane people can do insane things!

The song "People Need the Lord" came to me again this morning. A reminder that we all need the Lord because the flesh is weak. As the Lord says in 2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Lord, i thank You for your everlasting grace that rests upon me each time i fall. Thank You for Your strength that helped me to go through trying times.

People Need the Lord by Steve Green

Everyday they pass me by,
I can see it in their eyes.
Empty people filled with care,
Headed who knows where?

On they go through private pain,
Living fear to fear.
Laughter hides their silent cries,
Only Jesus hears.

Chorus
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize, people need the Lord?

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right.
What could be too great a cost
For sharing Life with one who's lost?

Through His love our hearts can feel
All the grief they bear.
They must hear the Words of Life
Only we can share.

People need the Lord, people need the Lord
At the end of broken dreams, He's the open door.
People need the Lord, people need the Lord.
When will we realize that we must give our lives,
For peo-ple need the Lord.
People need the Lord.

1 comment:

d'Lion said...

Amen, Amen, Amen!!!!