Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Drawing the Family... (at Month 23+)

Another interesting thing that took place in Sarah's drawing ventures was to represent our family members with colours!

This was also another incident that took place right before my eyes and I was thrilled to see how the whole process went. We were in our bedroom and I gave her some crayons and papers for her to scribble. And just for the sake of asking :p, I asked her to draw "Sarah", and then I asked her to draw "Mummy", and then "Daddy". For each member, she used different colours to draw lines. And then of course, I repeatedly asked her to draw "Sarah", "Mummy" and "Daddy". One thing that struck me was she took the same colour each time to draw each one of us!



Orange represents "Sarah" and another shade of orange represents "Mummy".
Purple represents "Daddy".
Another 2 very very distinct characters are "Pek-Pek" - blue; and "Pek Niang" - pink.
As for others... I'm just sorry to say that perhaps Mummy's enthusiasm bore Sarah at that time.
I kept asking her to draw this and that repeatedly until she decided to stop drawing and play other things. :p
Few weeks later, I decided to "test" Sarah again on the colour representation. And guess what? She picked the same colour to colour each one of us. I'm seriously amazed with what she did. She's really seeing different people in different colours and that really made me want to study further about this child's development... the colour representation of people. Interesting, isnt it?

3 comments:

Tandanie said...

Yes, this is how toddlers see and use colours to represent it. I learnt this in my art-therapy workshop. It's interesting...
But I would say that I am amazed with Sarah's skills. This skill will only happen at 30-36 months old (2 and half to 3 yrs old). Amazingly, Sarah is able to do it at her age... PTL and well done Sarah.

joshua said...

Good...she'll surely be much more creative than her parents combined.

richrach said...

Praise the Lord that Sarah's doing very well. Well, cant deny the fact that kids these days are really smart. We parents gotta catch up!