Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Labour pains?!

I've been hearing lots of stories about labour... about the waiting times, the pains, the contractions, the false alarms, the different stages one have to go through during the last weeks of pregnancy - it could be for hours or even days!

I do hear people telling me of how painful it is and there is nothing else in this world that can be compared with this kind of pain. However, on the other hand, i also hear people telling me that it is "nothing". It's gonna be painful only for a short moment and after that, the joy of holding your baby in our arms and all the pains don't really matter anymore. A friend asked me last night, "So... are you ready for parenthood?" I said, "I guess i am, but i am not ready for labour! If only i could skip that part!!!" :p

I'm not sure what i've gotten myself into, as in... why am i feeding myself with so much fears and worries?! As I looked around, I've learned that so many mothers went through it - right from the beginning and since millions of years ago - and they've all survived! So why should I be afraid? *taking a deeeeeeep breath and trying to calm myself down* :)

"Still" by Hillsong United
Album: Hope (2003)

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still and know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

I pray that together with Silas, we will go through this period with victory in our hands. Thank you, Lord for being there with us. Amen!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

PAIN!
Serious, although I always tell you how pain it is but I tell you ah..no worries, God will be there, Silas be there, doctor be there then when you see your baby, you can't wait to sayang sayang baby...
*geez* im thinking about my experience now... *scarie face*
:P

joshua said...

heh

steff had gone before us...

so, now nenek hor can advise hor.

richrach said...

yeah... nenek!
do pray for us - both MJ and self! thk u! :)

Anonymous said...

hi rach,
congrats!!!!! i'm so happy for u!!! wow, looks like it's baby season since nenek steff eh...!! haha...anyway all the best to u and keep us updated! ;)