Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby diaper changing facility in Jusco IOI Mall in Puchong

I must share my experience in Jusco IOI Mall in Puchong... Ouch! Not so good for Jusco IOI Mall's management, but I guess they will do better with the new wing coming up soon. A little grace given since they are one of the oldest (or THE oldest?) Jusco in Malaysia.

Baby changing room facility? No good AT ALL! Poor poor poor facility indeed. Yes, they have toilets/washing area for toddlers (Good job on that... but what if your baby hasn't reached toddler's age?) Parents really do need to re-consider shopping in IOI Mall just because of that. It was our first time there since Sarah was born, and only shop there once or twice before that.

Last Saturday, after visiting my "sick" friend, Moomoo, we went to Jusco IOI Mall. Lo and behold our dear Sarah poo in her diaper and so... as normally the case, hubby & I went to look for the baby room (thinking that all Juscos are the same). We went around looking for the baby room (normally situated at the Baby department), but couldn't find it there. We asked one of the salesgirl and she told us it's at the washroom area. Okayyy.... we found the "baby" symbol that led us to the washroom.... but hmmm.... where is the diaper changing table?.... hmmmm.... I popped my head into the ladies washroom and found breastfeeding room with baby cot and some chairs... but hmmmmm.... how am I going to change the diaper? In the baby cot? Hmmmmmm.... I don't think I should do that.... And so... we decided to wash her butt in the toddler's toilet (and there is no place where I can safely put the baby bag+pants+socks) and hubby went to buy drypants so that we can easily change her diaper without having her to lie down.... and yes, we changed her diaper in the common waiting area outside the washroom. Oh boy! We have to carry the half-naked little girl out so that we could sit at the bench outside to put a clean drypants on her.

Well, check out some photos I got... Yep, after changing Sarah's diaper, I went into the washroom area again and took some pix for the purpose of me blogging about it. I guess, this would mean - to everyone out there... "Don't mess with Bloggers!" :p

Top left: Entrance to the Toddler's toilet+sink
Top right1: "Wash butt" area
Top right2: Small little toilet bowl for small little toddlers








Bottom left1: Baby symbol for the washroom
Bottom left2: Baby cot+chairs
Bottom right: Entrance to the breastfeeding room (in the ladies washroom)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Wow! I've never seen those washing butt thingy and also the mini toilet bowls in Juscos before. Too bad they don't have the changing area.

d'Lion said...

We faced the same situation before in different shopping centres without proper baby changing tables, and that was before I became a blogger. Aiii, missed opportunity.

Tandanie said...

I was very satisfied with the baby room in Pavilion and Mid valley Metro.
I would said that Pavilion has the BEST because they have a baby room in every floor...The Mid Valley Metro is only for mother and child. No daddy allows... but it's cubicle and no privacy if want to nurse the baby because other tots running around.
P/S: Next time i will take photos like what you did... LOL