Monday, December 1, 2008

International Convention 2008

It was a joint convention held by The Latter Rain Church Malaysia & The Way Church, Singapore in Port Dickson last week, starting from 24th to 27th November. A different convention this year for me as I went there without my hubby dearest and also had to be away from my princess for a few days. I went there with sifu, Andrew Coomby, and his crew to setup the sound system on 24th morning. Things were alright when we did the sound check and all. Sifu then rushed back for his other appointments for the day, leaving me there in God's hands. So unfortunately, the system seem to be giving some unwanted humming sounds when the meeting started that night. I was on the line with Andrew half the sessions just trying to trouble shoot what went wrong. Well, to cut the long story short, we actually had to live with the hums every now and then. We tried every way to destroy it but nothing seem to work.

Thank God I had Joshua from Singapore and Gabriel to help me out here and there... Well, at least I don't feel alone riding on this troubled water! I honestly felt quite stress having to deal with this technical issues that is beyond my capabilities, more so alone... but God knows... He brought "angels" around me to help me as much as they possibly can. After that first night, I felt less stress. Stress only comes when the situation seem to go against me. Well, I wouldn't say that we have conquered the storm (technically) but I know to some extend, I conquered the situation - not allowing it to take over my emotions.

On the video side of things.... we had lesser video crew on board this round. So... yes, to cut another long story short, we were short-handed. But uncle made this "robotic tripod" so he could control one of the camera from a distance! What a brilliant guy! Olivia & Veron were crew this round too... I on the other hand was available to stand in for anything that needs my service, since Gabriel volunteered himself to be the sound guy! hehehe... So, yes... I was here and there - making sure that the recordings are done properly, tapes are changed, the audio levels are right, doing switching when uncle is busy answering some business calls, be the main camera-gal when Veron was on duty for switching on the 2nd day, sound engineer when Gabriel is busy taking photos, behind the mic when the singers went into the "tunnel", troubleshooting here and there whenever needed, etc etc... I think overall, it was fruitful for me when comes to service. Praise God that I can avail myself to do much for His glory! Well... post-production busy-ness after this!

The worship was great. Personally I felt "free" during the last night. Hmmm... I actually managed to loosen myself up and jumping up and down like a young gal (yeah, i know i'm not that lightweight now but somehow I felt light then! hehehe...) Also, a note of thanks to Caleb & Debbie for coming back from Oz and leading in worship. We've not had such worship for a very long time and we knew something was broken loose during the convention. God bless them! :)

Hmmm... no pix taken during the convention. We had many other photographers then. I had my camera but it was in my luggage bag from day1 and never been brought out. :p
I played around a little with Gabriel's SONY DSLR, but it was only for a short moment. I guess my focus was on other things... Well, we'll see if I can get some copyrights to some pix from Gabriel later! :)

OK... so there goes my report on convention. Needless to say... I missed hubby and princess a lot in those few days. However, I managed to catch up with some other members during my stay and a great fellowship with Steph too during my way back to PJ. It's been a long time since I really had that. Well, once awhile we need to give time to the people around us and do some catching up of each other's lives in the midst of our busy-ness... with our family/work/ministry. All in all, YES - I was Blessed! :)

p/s - thanks Dan & Marilyn for your prayers! :)

No comments: