Thursday, December 18, 2008

While she was sleeping...

I was gazing at her beauty.... I was admiring her character (of never giving up!).... I reflected back the day when she was born when my gynae, Dr Tan, said that she was a "fierce baby" the moment he carried her. Well, he was definitely right about that. Sarah's a person with strong character as far as I can tell.

When she's hungry, it would mean "I'm hungry NOW! I wanna eat NOW!"
When she's sleepy, it would mean "Take me to bed NOW! Don't even think of feeding me or playing with me, cuz I'm tired and I'm sleepy! And I wanna sleep NOW!"
When she has something in her hands, it would mean "I'm not letting it go... it's MINE!"
She has never given up in all her ventures... so far. When she falls, she will pull herself up again. That's something I really admire in her character.

She was sound asleep at 10.30pm. It was almost an everyday habit that we hope to establish. No more using the sarong to make her sleep at night as we felt letting her play about on her own on the bed will eventually make her sleep within half an hour... and sometimes within 10-15 minutes, which is a great achievement, knowing her sleeping patterns since birth could be really stressful for us parents (and grandparents). But I thank God that things are much better now. She's growing well and it's in our daily prayer that God will continue to bless little Sarah with a healthy development of her body, mind, soul and spirit. It's also not easy for us parents to be role models to our children. Many times, very naturally, we let situations and emotions take over the better part of us. We pray that God will intervene in that as well so that hubby & I will be great parents and role models to our little girl.

2 comments:

joshua said...

hehehe...

perhaps we were strong willed since we were babies too until daddy and mommy wielded their authority and power over us...

Anonymous said...

We learn so much from them, huh? If I were an author, I would name my book, "Lessons from my kids". Hehe! Finally we get to know the heartbeat of God the Father better now that we're parents ourselves.