Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sarah's vocabulary increased... & other development (at Month 17)

At 16-17 months old, we noticed our little Sarah's vocab has increased quite drastically. Even more so when she uses the right words at the right time. Some words spoken:

"mmm... nice..."
"close"
"open"
"wake up"
"i want"
"dont want"
"inside"
"outside"
"hot" & "cold"... but sometimes a lil confused between these 2. hehe...
"no more"
"come!!!"... and she will pull my finger/thumb to express that I follow her. Sometimes she says, "laiii..." (ie come in mandarin)
"jump"
"dink", ie drink!
"pain..."
"alright..."
"motorbike"... sometimes sounds like "butterfly" too... :p
"aeroplane"
"biscuit"
"water"
"wash"
and the latest one... "handphone"

Some other development...
When I receive an sms on my handphone, she would insist that I'll read it there and then. Else, she would try with all her might to reach the handphone on the table to pass to me.

She is now a "helper" at home. She would help to throw rubbish into the wastepaper basket for me when I ask her to.

She's been pretty "clean" too, and sometimes "too clean". She has seen me washing her toys in the bathroom. She would then at times take her toy to the bathroom every now and then (whenever I am in the bathroom) and hand me her toys and say, "wash!"

She knows what's "the good, the bad & the ugly"- from watching National Geographic documentary on TV. When she sees a snake or a closed-up shot of an ugly-looking bug, she would frown and say, "ee-yer!" and shake her head... and sometimes she would just look away.

1 comment:

Tandanie said...

Keep all her development...you will need it as reference for you study!
Sarah is so intelligent. She is able to relate the event and remember them.