Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The New Episode of my Career...

I've shared a couple of months back about the one thing in my life right now that I want to do... Many people still wonder what am I gonna do after August. Well, wonder no more as here I am... sharing with you what has taken place and will be taking place in the coming months & maybe years... hehehe...
The history...
My passion for children grew when I first became a mummy. Was that 17 and a half months ago? Well, not quite! It was a gradual thing I must say...
Upon seeing my lil princess grow from one stage to another, eversince a lil baby, I realised how important it was to be with my child, guiding her and teaching her in the ways of the Lord and in ways that I believe could help her excel in the future. There are so many things I learned along the way as a parent as well as an educator to my child.
During this time, I continued my work in the multimedia industry and ministry. However, things at work are just not the same anymore. At first I thought, perhaps I was really getting "old" and couldnt do as much as I could when I was in my 20s... or perhaps I am just too tired of some things... Of course in the midst of all these uncertainties, I began to really think and pray through about what I want to achieve in my life. I've already turned 30 yrs old and I told myself that by the time I reach 35, I shall see greater achievement from the works of my hand. I want to make a difference in wherever I am and whatever I do. (Well, it so happened, during one of the Sunday service, Ps Dexter shared about going through mid-life crisis, and having the need to change to run after the ONE THING in life! It was exactly what I was going through then... talk about timing! :))
To cut the long story short, after much of complaining, considering & weighing the pros & cons, sharing, praying, etc etc etc... I decided that it was early childhood education that I would be venturing into. Looks like a total diversion from my (then) current job, but I believe it was something that drives me to achieve. Upon deciding this, deep within me, there was peace that follows, and of course joy came hand-in-hand with it. Praise the Lord! :)
The journey, for the past 3 months...
Before I gotten any job offers at all, I tendered my resignation in March. I totally surrendered to God to open doors for me that are good and shut whatever that is not. During this time, my superior in the (then) current company graciously gave me time to work (and look for another job) until end of August until the BIG Move project is over.
The job vacancies that were posted to me via Jobstreet were all something that I wasn't keen on. (Sigh!) Week after week, months after months... I was getting a lil anxious if I were to be jobless by September! :o
I went for my very first interview in Cosmotots in June, but seeing that I was only available in Sept, they gave me the one-kind-look, saying that they need people urgently and will contact me if they still have vacancy by then. I wasn't really keen on the job too - something that I didnt expect as early childhood educator (since Cosmotots iqd is more like a child enrichment center, emphasizing on the English language).
At the same time, a big big thank you to Danie who got me connected to Real Education Group. I was already in touch with the GM, Esther, via email and phone before meeting her up in July. I first took the personality test and then went on with the interview sessions. The interview with Esther went on for a good 2 hours and I was given the job offer there and then. Not sure what she saw in me but I was offered a job as a management trainee even though I do not have any experience in teaching or in any kindies prior to this. It was amazing how the Lord moves so quickly - beyond my expectation! 3 weeks later, they arrange for me to meet with the Executive Director, Mr Ee. We chatted for almost 2 hours as well and Mr Ee shared to me the company's vision as well as the options for my career path in the company. Wow! I was totally overwhelmed by the opportunities that were laid before me. Praise God for His hands upon me!
The journey, in the coming days... & the destination...
I will be starting my new job on 8th September as an acting Supervisor in one of the kindies in R.E.A.L Kids. I was told that I will also be teaching some subjects, ie music & computer (Looks like these 2 will never depart from me. Hehehe...). A month from now, I will also start the weekend course with UM to get my Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Education. It's never too late to start studying (again!). It was never something I thought of doing at all, but I guess this ONE THING that I want to do in my life right now is something that I believe the Lord is calling me to do.
The destination? Well, I hope I can share this with everyone how certain I am where this is leading me, but I think I could only hope for certain things at a certain time... Perhaps I will be a Principal one day and manage a centre (or more centres), or perhaps I will be a curriculum developer, or a teacher. Whatever I am, I pray for God's leading and that I will be someone who will bring impact and make a difference... in the place God wants me to be! Amen!

4 comments:

Tandanie said...

Great sharing...
All the best and May the Lord lead you in this new journey

dorcas said...

Congra to your new job.
God's favour is upon you.

John Ong said...

Hey.. I did some freelane for REAL Education, thanks to Danielle too. Hope everything is good from now on. At least the travel to work will be pleasantly short.

stephanie kok said...

Thanks for sharing.
Is a BIG wow from me!
u gonna work, gonna take care baby and gonna study...hope all is well!