Friday, May 23, 2008

In Memory of Maria Sue Chapman

My condolences to the Chapman family.
I do not know them personally, nor do i know this little girl Maria, but just watching the short video posted in their site gave me a chance to know them.

Maria was such a darling and Steven Curtis is such a great father. The Chapman family has shown a great deal of love which has touched my heart so deeply. I pray that God will strengthen their hearts and may they grow stronger together, knowing that their little girl is in a better place called Heaven.

© 2007 Tucker Photography.
(Left to right Will Franklin, Maria, Steven, Shaoey, Mary Beth, Stevey Joy, Caleb and Emily)

MARIA SUE CHAPMAN, DAUGHTER OF STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN, DIES IN ACCIDENT AT FAMILY HOME

NASHVILLE, TN...5/21/08... At approximately 5pm on the afternoon of Wednesday May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.

Visit

http://www.stevencurtischapman.com/

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/mni/daughter-of-christian-music-star-killed-by-car.html

http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/2008/05/maria-and-siste.html

3 comments:

Jimmy Phillips said...

This has weighed heavy on my heart as it always does when a child’s life is taken from us, but this one hit a little closer to home. We worked together as teenagers at a grocery in Lone Oak, Ky. Back then we never knew that Steve was destined for stardom, but he and his brother Herbie were always strumming a guitar. So to me they are special because of our childhood friendship, and I am still crying not only with tears but deep inside my heart.

So, in my heart I have to believe that our Heavenly Father simply needed another “Little Angel,” and out of the 6.7 billion people in the world, she was the best qualified for the job! (Steve, I wrote this poem below for you my friend in honor of your daughter, I hope you don’t mind) jimmyvintage@mindspring.com

“In My Heart”

by Jimmy Phillips

A little girl lives here, she has the sweetest smile,

the twinkle in her eyes will stay with you for awhile.

She is always happy and loved, you can see it in her eyes,

her smile comes from her heart, her eyes twinkle like fireflies.

She so loves her family as everyone else does as well,

she is as sweet as she can be, that little Southern Belle.

Her happiness was contagious, no matter how you felt,

if you met her you would smile too, in spite of yourself.

Maria Sue loved to sing with her daddy as he strummed out a tune,

you could see from his twinkling eyes, he thought she hung the moon.

Yes, she was loved by so many during her short time on earth,

she made quite a special impact since the time of her birth.

She will be missed by many, she will never be forgotten,

for now this Angel lives with God, and his only begotten.

In my heart I know this and in my heart I smile,

for a Little Angel lives there, and she has the sweetest smile!

God Bless You my friend!!!! Jimmy

d'Lion said...

A lovely poem Jimmy.

richrach said...

A lovely poem indeed, Jimmy.

Truly, our Daddy in heaven simple needed another "Little Angel" and she was chosen out of the many. Only God knows why certain things happen but we always believe that it happened for a good reason.

God's love never change.