Monday, May 26, 2008

One step at a time...

"I hope this phase will be over soon!"
"No, don't say that... i want to see her grow little by little"
"But it's tiring. I can't wait for the time to come when i can teach her lots of things i know"
"Well, the time will come. There is time for everything"
"Hmmm...." *quiet*
"I want us to give her the chance to learn one thing at a time... one step at a time" :)

Not sure whether you parents out there has this kinda conversation with your spouse. Well, i do! To me, i always believe in having a time for everything. Things don't just happen. They come in stages and if the stages are done and received in a positive manner, the outcome will be great. It's the same with being pregnant for women. Even though the first trimester may be hard, and you cant wait for the second, and later the third, you will find that you need to go through all those different stages of pregnancies to prepare both mother and baby for the final stage at birth.

During my pregnancy, that's what i told myself and from going through all that, i knew i was prepared to be a mother when the baby is ready to be born. There are of course some things that i do not know until and unless i go through it, but then again, it is those 9 months of pregnancy that had prepared me - in all areas - to be a mother and a good one too! I'm still learning.... and again, it's a lifetime process! For me, as a mummy... for Silas, as a daddy... and for Sarah, as a baby... let us just walk this walk one step at a time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm amazed with your perseverance. This is one side of Rachel which I've not seen. I think I'm the one who lament more at the initial stage. :P But two is stronger than one. You'll just need to lift up another in times like these. Then the end result of the puzzle will be beautifully intact.

richrach said...

OI! what do u mean the side of Rachel u've not seen?? :p
hehehe...

but anyway, whatever side u've seen were the old me la... the younger me lor... the immature one... the back-in-school-days one. Now, mature oredi lor... LOL! :D

But on a serious note, i think i've grown much in these later years... God's been moulding me me guess. To God be the glory! kekeke!
And yes, 2 are better than 1. :)

Anonymous said...

gosh, am so opposite u 2 la. we never wished my little girl grew faster. hubs n i were so busy working that before we knew it, yrs fly like flies n my little girl is all grown up. it came 2 a point where she wanted her grandparents n babysitter more than us cos they spend more time wit her. but not anymore since we moved to oz. am enjoying having her every minute now. cheers ppl.

richrach said...

Sharon... it was oni my hubby's wish, not mine. kekeke...

i do enjoy every moment of it, even though it may seem tough at times. During the first 2 mths wasn't easy - no doubt about that, but then again, i enjoy seeing her grow and learn new things little by little, esp now when baby Sarah starts responding to me. tht's so priceless! :)

Anonymous said...

hahaha okies. amazing that u r a wife, mum, working mum n still have time to blog n keep up with FB. i salute u supermom!!!

richrach said...

hehehehe....
multitasking mah... :D