Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mummy Rachel at 7 weeks... (on being a MUM)

Like in any educational courses, we have 2 parts in the whole course - 1st theory, 2nd practical. I've learned a lot about being a mum and the things mum do for the love for her children, since baby Sarah's arrival into this world.
During the first 4 weeks, i learn some new-mums-must-know stuff (the theory) and only managed to watch the ways of taking care of baby from my mum and also from internet videos (mainly on nursing).

Diaper changing was OK. No problem with it! *phew* :)

I started bathing baby by the 5th week and it wasnt easy at first. Carrying her with clothes on and without are 2 different feel. Watching mum bathe her was different from doing it myself! After the first practical lesson, i told mum i wasnt ready yet and need a little bit more time to get adjusted to it, so mum continued bathing her for another few more days and i continued watching her (more closely this time) hehe... By the 6th week, i took over that responsibility fully and successfully mastered the art of bathing baby. hahaha!

Nursing is a natural process (supposedly), but i have to say that it wasnt easy for me at all. It was painful at the beginning and i was already feeling discouraged during the first two weeks. I wanted to give up but supports from hubby and friends all around me was what i needed most to give baby what's best. So, i continued and thank God, i'm getting better at it too.

Now at 7 weeks, i've learned all the above, plus being a housewife - do laundry, cook, clean house, etc. I learn about time management, housechores management, and some other traits i need for me to be a better mum and a better wife. I learn to be more patient (and still need more of it), organise and not to procrastinate. I learn to also appreciate my family more and spending quality time with people i love... waaaah.... looks like i'm going through 2 very productive months... and more days and months and years to go... :)

Well, apart from learning all these, i too ride through lotsa emotional roller coasters, plus body aches everywhere (literally). But praise God for giving me this chance of a lifetime to be a mum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

use bathing net...is easy, wont drop her in water... click here to see

Anonymous said...

Hey! Mummy, you're doing just well. No worries. No mothers are perfect-even those 2nd/3rd time mothers. Listen to your motherly instinct and also have your own style in raising baby Sarah. Thanks for your sharings. It opens up my eyes in some area abt motherhood. :)

richrach said...

steff, i didnt drop her in water... so far. kekeke... but might consider getting one. ;)

jes, u're most welcome to read my blog. it's also my way of releasing stress! hehehe...
Thx for ur encouragement! Take care ya!