Friday, January 2, 2009

2008 - A Reflection of His Amazing Grace

On the first day of the new year 2009, I reflected back how gracious the Lord Jesus is to me in all my life endeavors. This time, I specifically remembered how the Lord walked with me in this new venture in life called motherhood.

This phase in life is so special to me that I will never forget how the Lord brought people into my life at specific times of need and also how He made sure that things are indeed in His hands... and they are in good hands. He's telling me time and again, "Daughter, do not be afraid... We will go through this... TOGETHER". How lovely is my Lord... :)

On 31st December 2008, during watch night celebration service in church, when Ps Dexter invited members of the church to share testimonies, I was prompted in my spirit to share my experience of having my prayers answered, especially in dealing with my fear of labor pains (when expecting baby Sarah then). There was just so much to share, but when I was on stage, I suddenly "trembled". My words were kinda jumbled up and what I shared didn't really turn out the way my heart's been hoping to say... oh well... the usual thing that happen when I'm on stage - just not used to it (yet) :p

A little of what I shared that night...
I thank the Lord for answering my prayer. When I was expecting Sarah and having heard real-life stories of how painful it is to be in labor, I was totally fearful of being unable to bear the pains that were awaiting me... in the labor room! The fear became stronger as the due date approaches. I prayed so very much that God will grant me a painless labor (how possible is that?!), and true enough... things happened way too fast for me to remember any pain at all during the time. I knew God was behind this. He gave me a smooth delivery and a fast one too. Praise the Lord! Sarah was a miracle in our lives. She's truly the apple of our eyes and we couldn't imagine life without her... She's a healthy, active 9 1/2 months old girl. Hubby and I prayed a lot for the baby and yes, God answered each and every of our prayers. Thank You, Jesus! (No, I didn't really share all these... well, like I said - my words were all jumbled up! :p)

But what I did not say and would like to continue my sharing here is....
The Lord sent me an angel who bore the pain for me so that I am free from labor pains. Aunt Sri Ann had been carrying my pain upon her shoulder so that my prayer is answered and that is an amazing experience that I know only God can do. When I was admitted to the labor ward (as my water-bag burst during shopping), I didn't even know I had contraction as I thought the baby was only moving happily inside me (until the midwife told me that THAT was contraction, then only I knew! Hehe...) In the labor room, I was busy SMS-ing friends and relatives and even talking on the phone with my sister! During the whole period, I was also getting SMS-es from people around me saying that they've been praying and Aunt Sri Ann even shared that she's bearing the pain for me, and that I don't need to worry. I was so encouraged by that and not knowing what to expect, I continued praying and asked the Lord to be in control. WOW! In reflection of this amazing grace.... it reminded me of Jesus, dying on the cross for me - bearing all the pain and taking my sins away so that I can have everlasting life... as said in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life"

Well, intense pain happened only at the final hour but that lasted only for a little while, that I cant remember much of it. His grace is truly amazing. God is so so good to me indeed. (More stories here... :))

I am so grateful for the people around me who loves me so much and God loves me soooooooo very much to bring soooooooo many people who loves me into my life. Words could not express how precious I felt I am in God's eyes. :)

Lord..... thank U.... thank U.... thank U.... for Your amazing grace.
Hugs & Kisses from Your precious one - Rachel :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessed New Year and thanks for sharing the real life story.

d'Lion said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

.."Your Love is amazing...Love that's never changing.......
Hallelujah!! Hallelujah!!!...."

Tandanie said...

Tht's a great sharing... made me reflect my delivery too.
Next time write down lah when u want to go up stage to share so that you wont lost your words... but good courage!

richrach said...

His love is amazing! Amen!

Yeah, maybe i'll write it the next round... just tht, for this sharing, it was a sudden prompting... so not prepared. hehehe... :P

Anonymous said...

Make it your 2009 resolution also la... another painless delivery.. kakakaka

richrach said...

Jes, not so soon laaaa... :p