Monday, May 25, 2009

Next stage in Parenting

When my girl started walking six months ago, to me she was a walking baby, and I'm still a mother to a lil baby, just slightly independent baby.

Today, she's parroting and talking more, making me realize that I am now a mother not to a lil baby anymore but to a toddler... one who understands many many things, one who can respond quite correctly to any situation, one who can protest when she doesn't like or want certain things, one who can make decisions in her little life!

I'm amazed at how Sarah had grown from a lil baby to a cute mischievous toddler. I know this stage of growth will surely arrive. For us parents, there's more to learn, more to understand, more to read up, more to find out, more to "experiment".

I've been an "aunty" for 4 good years. I have 2 nephews - my bro's (age 4) & my brother-in-law's (age 3). From short-term experiences to staying together (currently) with my in-laws gave me a taste of what it's like being a parent to a toddler. I know it's not easy. Perhaps, more yelling and shouting and caning... but then again, maybe not at all? Hmm... praying that wisdom and knowledge increase as both hubby & I enter this stage of parenting. God bless us! :)

1 comment:

Jeslyn said...

We're all born with sinful nature. You can expect that coming alrite. But it's good that you can spot them early, coz this is the time they need guidance and correction before they face the world. Look at it positively.