Friday, July 3, 2009

Public transport... some experiences... part II

Sardines @ 5.45pm in the train... but super-packed sardines @ 6.15pm! Just a mere difference of 30 minutes caused the train to be super-duper packed with people! Yesterday was one typical example of this sardines encounter!

Not just in the train or bus, but it happened also at the bus stop and train station! The bus that I board would normally come about 5.15pm. I leave my office at 5.05... wait a little while till about 5.15 and i'll reach Mid Valley by about 5.45.... board the train about 5.50 - 6 and reach Kajang station by 6.30. This is the perfect timing... IF and ONLY IF everything goes according to schedule.

Yesterday, the bus came later than usual. I saw the "usual" guys waiting at the bus stop so I knew I did not miss it. After some 10 minutes, I started counting the heads (nothing else better to do :p)... I counted 15 guys, and 1 lady (that's me!). Minutes later, there were 17... 21... 23 guys... waiting for the bus! It was a crowded bus stop i'd say! Most of them are non-Malaysians. They probably off work between 5 - 5.30. The bus only arrived minutes after 5.30. I reached Mid Valley station about 6. The train arrived at 6.15... it was already super packed! My experience in the train? Sardines... sardines... sardines... If you go to the supermarket to buy a can of sardines called "KTM", i'd say it's very very worth it! (doh!)

Also, just to add some more spices to this not-so-good experience... the train station has got some ticket machines and human counter. 3 human counters, but ONLY 1 is OPEN.... at the very PEAK hour! Oh boy... what else can I say?

Well, upon sharing all the not-so-good experience using public transport, I do recall some not-so-bad experiences too.

Surely, when everything goes as scheduled, I'll go back with a smile on my face. I'll reach home before the sun goes down. There was even once that I accidentally took an express train that goes from Mid Valley - Bdr Tasik Selatan - Kajang. The whole journey only took about 20-25 minutes! For that, I have to give some credits to KTM. Of course, it would definitely be better if they had more coaches for all the trains. Else, it's nothing but sardines.... sardines... sardines...

2 comments:

CHRIS ONG said...

ask for a raise, get your own car.!! Sardines not only get packed in cans, they get sandwiched also.

richrach said...

hehe chris, u're right! sardines sandwich... anyone?