Wednesday, July 29, 2009

YouTube: Cinderella... & in loving memory of Maria Sue Chapman

Listening to the song "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman in Daniel's car made me search for the music video of the song in YouTube. It also brought me to some other videos that touched my heart deeply. Here's sharing with you.....

"Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman



She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders

It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you

There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

Chorus:
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...

She says he's a nice guy and I'd be impressed
She wants to know if I approve of the dress
She says, "Dad, the prom is just one week away
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

(Chorus)

Well, she came home today with a ring on her hand
Just glowing and telling us all they had planned
She says, "Dad, the wedding's still six months away
But I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"

(Chorus)

In loving memory of Maria Sue Chapman



As I watched this video, I really felt the love that was shared in the Chapman's family. Truly, it was a tragedy that happened in the family, but only God knows why they had to go through what they went through. God bless them all with abundant strength and hope, love and joy!

Read previous post In Memory of Maria Sue Chapman.

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

Lovely and touching song...
Me will go buy the CD... hehe

richrach said...

Either you get Steven Curtis' album or a mixed album like WOW Hits 2009. :)