Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Farewell to me @ LRM...

Farewell lunch for me was at least 3 weeks before my last day at work. Pretty early, huh?! Hehehe...

Pastor Dexter was leaving for Melbourne for a few weeks until end of August so they wanted to have an early farewell for me.

We had our lunch in Brussels Beer Cafe @ Jaya One on 7th August. Err... no, we didn't have beer that day... ! Hahaha!


A BIG "Thank You" to Ps Dexter, CEO Elijah & wifey Sarah, sifu Andrew, accountant Iris, designer Caleb, kiddo Olivia & guest of honor - gwamma Stephanie for the lunch. I wish I had prepared a speech that day, but I did not. (Har! Har!) There were so much to say, yet unsure of what to say at the same time... I wish I could tell each and every one of them how grateful I am having them in my life (seriously!) & being a part of my journey at work here in Latter Rain Mediaworks. It's been many years working here. The knowledge, the guidance, the exposure, the fun times & the hard times (uhuh!) are beyond measure.

Some random shots just outside the theater @ J1...
Top-left: Pretty Sarah :)
Bottom-left: Don't ask me what Oli was doing... hmmm... LOL!

Well, with the limitations of my camera (+ I have not read my camera manual book yet... :p) and with very little lighting, this is the best shot of all... even though it's a lil blur... :)

Picture (from left to right): Iris, Caleb, Ps Dexter, me, Andrew, Olivia, Gwamma, Elijah & Sarah

Pastor Dexter once told me that wherever I go and in whatever I do, even though there were times (since college days) that I felt as though I was "wasting my time" and uncertain of where I am going and what I am doing, it was NEVER wasted. Those were treasured moments of learning & that the time will come when I will use these treasures of knowledge in places where God will one day lead me to.

I would like to dedicate this post to my bosses & colleagues too... These TQs are for your eyes only (Har! Har! Yeah... right!)

Ps Dexter,
thank you for praying for me, for guiding me and for teaching me what's important in life. Thank you for encouraging me at all times to run towards the prize & being excellent in everything I do for His glory. Thank you for being my father on earth. On the day my daddy passed away, you told me that you'll always be there for me whenever I need an earthly father to go to. Thank you for accepting me. Thank you for loving me.

Elijah,
thank you for being the boss who trusted me... sometimes trusted me too much! (Haha!) Thank you for giving me opportunities to expand my wings in the organization, and now for blessing me to expand further to where my passion leads. Thank you for sharing your knowledge to me in all my years under your leadership. Being pioneers of many things in the church and the business made me see what it takes for one to be a leader. Thank you for this opportunity to learn to be one.

Andrew,
i thank God for bringing you into my life as a "sifu", though it was only for a short while. It has only been slightly more than a year that I knew you but you were truly a catalyst for change - in the organization and in my life. You are a great listener & a great encourager, I must say. You told me to run after my dreams - what I am passionate for. In fact, for the past many months, you reminded me what I sometimes forgot... my passion. Thank you for being a "big" brother to me... for "scolding" me in a very very nice way.
Thank you, thank you, thank you... :)


Cho Hon aka Iris,
thank you for being my colleague and most importantly, for being a friend to me. Thank you for the great times shared when we not just talk about work, but about God, personality, health and about life as a whole. I sometimes take for granted these precious moments I have with friends (dear me!). Thank you also for helping me understand what it's like being in a "corporate world" though sometimes I do feel I am still in a "coconut shell" like in that malay-saying "katak di bawah tempurung". Hehe...
Thank you for sharing with me what I ought to learn being "out there"! :)

Faith,
you're a person full of faith! Ho ho ho! Yes, you are! That's one most important thing that I learned from you - your ever faithful spirit in your walk with the Lord. There were times when I saw you through the glass window, reading the Word before the start of each new day. That is something I know I've been missing in many many days of my life, but i thank you for reminding me that we are all stewards of God, even in the business world. Thank you for showing me what it takes to be good stewards of God.

Caleb,
you became my colleague for only about half a year, though knowing you for such a long time already. It still feels rather weird to be called "colleagues" :)
Thank you for joining in at the time when your "service" is definitely much needed in the organisation. It gave me the opportunity to sit back (and relax?) and pray through what I really want to do in life. Hehe... I guess God knows when to bring the right people in at the right time in our lives. Thank you for being one of them! It's a great blessing indeed!
Remember to keep talking crap at work! It's good for your soul! Hehehe...

Olivia - the kiddo... :D
well, i didn't really want to call you this, but since everyone else calls you that... so....... :)
you're a great kiddo to be with, who lightens up the days of those around you! *cheers*

Let's see... you taught me this: o.O and this: -.-' and this: -.-" online...
... that speaks a lot about being a kiddo right? LOL!
Thank you for being there for me during the critical times of my life (@work).
Firstly, the Lord sent you to help me around in office during my pregnancy. That's a great blessing for me as we all know pregnant ladies shouldn't be doing the hard work (if possible!)... :) and then you took my place at work during my confinement months (it's indeed a great timing, ya?!)...
Secondly, He sent you here when He knows it's time for me to move on... (double blessing!) Thank you, Oli... for everything. You've really been a blessing to me. And sometimes, you just can't believe it, right? Well, i guess i need to knock your head harder to tell you, "YES! You're a Blessing! Don't doubt that!"
I know you can sore very high in where the Lord calls you to be. Don't limit yourself as you know God is an unlimited God! You're young & you're a very capable person. Fly as high as you can go because the Lord is with you.
"Keep Moving Forward!" :)


Above all, I thank God for every moments of good and bad that I've experienced in all my years of working here. It's truly by God's grace that I am what I am today. I pray that He will continue to guide me and lead me to places He wants me to shine... Shine for His glory because I know without Him, I am truly nothing.

3 comments:

stephanie kok said...

wuah finally u a full time housewife!

andrew said...

Rach, sorry it took me so long to read... I'm so glad you sent the link on facebook. I think on behalf of everyone, we want to thank you for all your hard work and perseverance. CHANGE is not something that comes easily. It's typically uncharted territory for those involved. As such, I believe that all the change that has taken place over the past year has been (for your sake) a preparatory period. To prepare you for change in your own life. For you to learn how to deal with it and how to react/respond to it. I think that you've come a long way in this journey and you are ready to move on. We all wish you the best and God Bless. Remember, you haven't left us as a part of our family. Our support and care will always be there whenever you need it.

oliviahlloo said...

Haiyo auntie!!! Dun mention such memalu-fying thing la... People will think i get drunk reading ur post. So panjang lagi... :s
Da 'bum' shot... It is for ur private view only. NOT PUBLIC DISPLAY ARRRRRR!!!!! (since it was taken without permission - i copyrighted it ady)
Ok la... tat's all. Appreciate it. TC!!!