Monday, August 17, 2009

The man who loved unconditionally...

Today is a very special day... it's 17 August and it was my late dad's birthday! Here's wishing him in heaven a very Happy Birthday! If he's still living today, he'll be 70 years old. :)

Last night, my dad-in-law came back from his weekly badminton session with his friend, and upon reaching home, Sarah would "help" him with his racket bag or water bottle... it was a really cute sight. I couldn't help but remember my dad when he was still alive many many years ago. My mum was a baby-sitter and sometimes she babysits more than 1 or 2 kiddos at a time. There was a particular season when she took care of 2 girls (of the same age) since they were babies. As they grew up, one of them somehow got more attention from people around than the other. Reason being (I believe)... she looked a lot like a "gwailo" and being gwailo-look-alike, she looked so cute and everyone who saw her would say how cute she was and would love to carry her, etc... the other little one looked very much like a china-doll. Attention wasn't given as much though... (well, that was how much I could remember - i think i was only about 15-16 years old then...)

I remembered everyday, when daddy came home from work, he would carry the little one that had lesser attention. Somehow we saw that he loved her more. He carried her out "jalan-jalan" almost every evening. The love she showed the little girl was amazing. He came home from work and that little girl would wait for him to be carried. My daddy came back from work everyday by bus, and so little girl had a new bus ticket from daddy everyday. hehe...

I believe till today, that little girl had a special place in my daddy's heart.

When I saw little Sarah with Yeh-Yeh last night, I remembered my daddy and that little girl... wishing that my daddy was here too to carry Sarah in his arms. Eventhough he is now in heaven, I do believe that our little Sarah has a special place in his heart too. When Sarah grows older I will surely tell her about kong-kong in heaven who loves little children like her.

Here, I would like to say "Thank you, daddy"... for leaving behind such legacy in our lives... the love you've shown to those who was a little less fortunate... was truly amazing... truly unconditional. Happy Birthday, daddy! We love you very very much!"

2 comments:

Tandanie said...

I know this wonderful man... you daddy is really a nice man...

Mary-Janice said...

Hi rach
Thanks for sharing..