Friday, August 8, 2008

On being careless....

Yesterday at work.... another encounter after the "panicked story"... All my belongings were left in the 2nd floor office... and i remembered for sure that I had the keys to the office with me when I left upstairs to do something downstairs.... Zam was still downstairs settling the wiring stuff.

Colleague, Iris, said she had to drop by Rebecca's office, which is nearby, for awhile before leaving for home... That was already 5+pm. I went downstairs and settled some stuff but before long I realised that the keys to upstairs were no where to be found! eeeks!!! Have i left them upstairs? But I thought... I thought i brought them down with me! Oh no... No one is upstairs in the office.... Iris has left... but yeah... she might still be nearby... But no, she forgot to bring her hp today.... so i couldnt call her.... I called Rebecca.... Rebecca said Iris has left! double eeeks!!! A little bit panic.... I called the others who might be able to "save" me... Called Ps May Yee... she's in KL... will be back in PJ only at night.... Called Faith.... she's leaving to KL at 6.30pm... When hubby arrives, it will probably be later than that.... hubby suggested to call Vic.... Oh yah... Why didnt i call him?! Thank u, Silas for your quick thoughts! So I called Vic... Vic was about to leave home for his course in Tmn SEA. Yey! Tmn SEA's nearby and yes... he has the key! My saviour for the day! Thank u Thank u Thank u, Vic!

Vic came, passed me the keys and i managed to get into the upstairs office... but hmmm.... i couldnt find my keys.... *knock head* I knew i brought them down! I knew it! I just knew it! But where are they???!! I packed my stuff, lock the place up and went straight down to look for my keys.... I looked high and low.... and after some minutes, i saw the green leaf keychain behind a semi-transparent cover (of the video breakout box - the VT5!)... *knock head*

After all the troubles...... I had the keys with me all the while.... I couldnt remember how it ended up behind the cover, but yes, the bunch of keys were lying there right before my eyes!

Lesson learnt..... ALWAYS REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT YOUR BELONGINGS... esp keys! and handphones! If you're the kind who is forgetful... like me.... solution is to dedicate a place (in your office or at home) just for things like these: keys/purse/wallet/hp. Hubby always sounded me about my carelessness, because it's not the first time. I've been improving actually... A LOT i believe... but as for yesterday's incident.... hmmm.... I think there were just too many things going on in my mind and accidents like this just happened. I pray this wont happen again. I got people worried unnecessarily... Sorry, Becca. If you're reading this... thx for your sms-es of concern. Hehe...

The other thing i want to thank God for was that my hp was with me at all times. I dont normally carry it with me all the time but thank God i had it with me this time. Just that... WHAT IF... the keys were really left upstairs and the only way out is to call for an emergency?

So another lesson for the day:
CARRY WITH YOU YOUR HANDPHONE AT ALL TIMES + ALWAYS REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT YOUR BELONGINGS :)

No comments: