Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The price of Vanity....

Two weeks ago, i decided that I will do rebonding to my hair. I've been having "bad hair day" everyday for weeks and I just didnt know what to do. Expenses nowadays has all gone up... well, what IS new??? I can afford a normal hairdo, but to do rebonding would pinch my pocket a little bit more.

Oh yah... most importantly, i told myself, "I dont wanna look like "Aunty" after becoming a mummy" Muaahahahaaa.... err... no offense to all aunties out there ya! :D

The story continues.... i went to do rebonding in Real Cut Studio in Kajang Metropoint. Claiming that it was a promo period... as for my hair length (which is "long" according to them) it would cost me RM200++ for a Senior hairstylist to do (if it's not during their promo period, it would cost almost RM300 i think... and an additional RM50 if from a Professional hairstylist....)... The price of vanity! So there i was.... on a Saturday (19 July) morning.... in Real Cut Studio for about 4 hours. I cant deny that they did gave good services... in fact, i felt i was treated more than just nice. The guy who did my hair asked me if i'd like to watch a movie... he gave me a DVD folder to choose a movie and so i chose "Stephen Chow - Fight Back to School" series.... muaahahahahaha.... (Not many movies to choose from la... :p) There were many customers but I thought I was treated extra nice... they even pause the movie everytime i went to wash my hair... and there was only one TV in the whole salon! :p

Anyway.... i came home... i felt weird... it was straight but yet... my face feels "pressed". My hair is already dead... there is nothing i can do with my hair.... and my head looks flat now! I did rebonding before about 5 years ago... and it was nice.... i looked good (well... as far as i can see from photos taken)... but now.... i was soooooooooo sad that it didnt turn out the way i wanted. I thought.... lets wait until after 3 days, ie only then that i can wash my hair, and we'll see how it goes! But but but.... something still didnt look quite right! boo hoo hoo! I called the salon and complained to them that i wasnt satisfied with my hair. I told them i did it before and i know the effect should definitely look better than how i look now (then)! The guy just told me to go to the salon again so that he can have a look at it.

And so I went there again the following Saturday (26 July)... this time i met and spoke to the Director who is THE hairstylist. I complained to her - da da da - asked her advice, talk and talk and talk for about an hour plus... didnt manage to do anything to my hair as the salon was packed with customers that day. Finally, we arranged for another appointment....

Some advice...
1. If you wanna do rebonding, make sure you have long hair... or short hair... not medium hair as it will cause your hair "qiao qiao" when it touches the shoulder (like mine).

2. Rebonding would certainly be more suitable for those who have smaller body frame. For those who are larger, rebonding will enhance the "large" overall look because the face will suddenly look smaller than the body and that wont look good!


3. If you have larger frame, perming will be the best bet and make sure you color it or at least highlight it to enhance the perm look.


4. If you have large body frame but doesnt want to perm, do a bob so that your face will look thinner. Make sure the hairstylist does it right!


5. Bob hairstyle is a trend at all times... just different ways of styling it will make the trend.

6. Colors make a lot of difference... if want to look trendy, ask the hairstylist what's the color trend now. I was told that the trend now is the "Natural Color"

And so... there i was on a Friday (1 Aug) afternoon... the Director's advise was to do a BOB style - that is IF i dare to take the challenge to have my hair CUT... i had other friends and relatives who also supported that idea and so I got the guy to redo my hair! In the end, i was happy that he managed to mend my hair for free. I think i look better now... though i could have saved the money spent for rebonding, but at least now i know what suits me and what doesnt.

Next.... is to start dieting & exercising.... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Well paid for hairdo. It looks terrific on you.

dorcas said...

Good services must come with good products.. Still a "fail" - blacklist this shop! hehehehe.. Just joking la

richrach said...

thx, Jes... it has to be worth it. If not, i'll sulk for the rest of the time until my hair grow longer i guess... :p

blacklist... maybe... or the hairstylist? kekeke... i showed my face up there so many times, i think they know me liao... :p

Anonymous said...

hey, U look good la...now i want to get a hair cut too!!

dont have to diet la. After a year, u will loose all the pregnancy weight!

Mary-Janice said...

haha..u was so surprise when came on sunday service me n ur hair style almost the same...my hair rebonding paid RM180 only@LMC saloon but no cut la..coz my hair already short even after rebonding also good hair style liao...hahaha

richrach said...

thx sharon for the compliment!
MJ, if i straight do bob i'll save my 200+... aihhh...... :p