Friday, August 8, 2008

Panicked!!!

Yesterday at work, I was about to install Windows in my macbook... boss says it's as easy as ABC.... all i need to do is to make a partition for Windows and put the installer CD in, and follow the step by step instructions. I dont need to backup my files there as it wont be "harmed"... and so, i started my "adventure"... Lo and behold, it wasnt as direct as i thought it would be, as I've done reformatting of PC/Mac and re-installation many many times... but Windows on Mac? Errr...

Anyway, it was my first attempt... I put in the Windows installer... went through the setup steps until the part where it says to choose the "partition" where I want the Windows OS to be installed. Hmmm.... All the partition were shown... and i got a little panic when the free space shown was.... as good as the size of the partition itself... eeks! I got a little doubtful to continue my installation. I QUIT! I ESC! and then... it just wont get back into my MAC desktop... double eeks! The message says to insert a bootable CD to boot up.... triple eeks! At that time I thought for a moment... did i accidentally format the whole mac??? Did it crashed??? Oh no!!! Baby Sarah's pix are ALL in there.... and I didnt backup! The only backup i have is basically the pix in facebook! And that's resized!!! OMG! Literally feeling anxious... I prayed that all my files are saved! To cut the story short.... YES! They were ALL there! Nothing's been wiped out! A HUGE relief! I told myself then... "I shall backup the photos after this!... ie before attempting any adventure!" :p

So guys... lesson for the day:
REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR DATA...! be it company's or personal... Mummies & Daddies.... quickly backup your children's photos... they are memories not to be deleted based on our carelessness... :o)

No comments: