Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Accidents happen....

While it was a very fulfilling weekend last week, it was also a very horrifying week for me as a mummy!

My first encounter was on Friday. I was alone with Sarah... enjoying bites of apples with her, when suddenly she bit quite a big piece and found herself choking! She was coughing and coughing and her face turned red! When she started coughing, I guess it came out on its own in the nick of time! I was praying so hard, and at the same time checking to see if her airway is blocked in any way. I thank God that nothing serious happened. She managed to cough it out! The piece of apple was on the floor! Praise the Lord! It was such a horrifying scene and I vow to myself then never to allow her to bite on her own at this crucial growing stage, especially now when she has already 2 sharp bottom teeth. Honestly, I was a very panic then. I didn't know what else to do except to pray and hit her back to aid her in coughing the apple out. If anything bad had happened, I wouldn't know what to do... here's telling all parents to be armed with knowledge of first aid. It is VERY VERY VERY important to be non-panicky and be knowledgeable in infant first aid - at least some basics would be of great need!

Second encounter was on Saturday. She was basically playing on her own and being playful - out and about - she fell when she was trying to pull herself up to stand at the dining chair. She hit her face so hard onto the back of the chair that it cut her lower left-side lip. :( It bled a little. I carried her up and comforted her. She was alright after that... back to her playful self! Just that, we were extra cautious of her safety because she was such an active kid.

Thank God for protecting little Sarah. However, I must say that we must never take for granted safety measures for our children, and as parents, we must at all times be prepared for the worst and gain much knowledge to reduce further risks of accidents.

Lord, protect all our children from harm and danger. Keep them safe from accidents - be it at home or outside. Surround them with your angels... many many many of them, in Jesus name I pray - Amen!

2 comments:

d'Lion said...

In Jesus name, Amen!

Unknown said...

I am happy that I found your post while searching for informative posts. It is really informative and quality of the content is extraordinary. Great piece of writing, I really liked the way you highlighted some really important and significant points. Thanks so much, I appreciate your work.