Monday, October 20, 2008

My Saturday....

I've not used the public transport for some time now ever since owning a car. Or even if i did, it was always with hubby - just to "go back to the good-ol-days" once in a blue moon.

Last Saturday, it wasn't just for fun but a need as I was needed to be in PJ for some duties. Hubby had to work on his own project from morning till night so.... there goes my "driver" :p

He sent me to work in the morning but i need to arrange for my own transport to go back. My plan was to take the bus or get a lift to the nearest LRT station... stop at KL sentral.... change train (Komuter) to go back Kajang... take a cab from there back home. I've done that except taking the cab cause I had hubby waiting for me at the station the other time! So... taking the public transport is not something new to me so I thought... no problem!

One thing has changed though... TIME! Fares has gone up... people around me look more "criminal-like"... truly a hassle indeed!

It was at 2.30pm when it's time to pack and go. Stomach was still empty then! Olivia decided to accompany me to wherever since she's not rushing for time. Thanks to her... I had a company for lunch and a bus-mate! :) We stopped at Mid Valley station. Had a late lunch at Burger King and off I went to catch a train back to Kajang. (Olivia continued "lepak-ing" :p)

My experience in the train... it was like sardines!!! I was standing near someone who had his sweat armpit hanging in front of me! Oh boy!!! There wasn't much choice for me too as I was surrounded by soooooo many sweaty human! I made sure my hp was safely kept deep in my pocket and that my laptop bag was carried in front of me instead of the back. I was looking around... some men looked pretty "scary"... Horrible stories i read in email came flashing in my mind. I quickly said a short prayer that I'll reach home safely in one piece. I reached Kajang station and many cab drivers approached me to give me a ride. No, they don't use meter at all... None of them do! Finally i decided to take one of the cab back and I reached home safely in one piece at 5.30pm. *phew* Thank God that everything went on well, despite the hassles and some of my own imaginations.

Well... Did i enjoy my ride? Not at all!

And let's see how much I've spent to get back home...
Bus from PJ to MidValley RM2.00
Train from MidValley to Kajang RM2.60
Cab from Kajang train station to house RM10.00 (crazy right?!)
That's RM14.60 in total!

On a more thankful note, here's thanking my MIL and FIL for taking care of little Sarah on a Saturday when they were meaning to do marketing and other house chores. I know it's a sacrifice they made to make available of their time so that I could perform my duty elsewhere. Will try to avoid this in future...
Thank u, Olivia also for accompanying me half my journey back!
Thank u, dear for sending me to the office in the morning so that I don't need to go through the hassle of taking public transport in the morning.

From my experience here, one thing I learn... to thank God for the blessings He's given me - things that I've taken granted for - like owning a car, like having a husband who drives me to work and back... that brings convenience to me.

Sometimes when we don't go through the hassles and troubles, we forgot to thank God for blessing us with the good things in life! Here's to GOD! Thank Him for ALL the good things in life He has given me! :)

2 comments:

d'Lion said...

Yes. Thank you Lord.

Anonymous said...

We have lousy transportation but fare is not cheap.