Monday, October 6, 2008

Lunch with a brother and a friend...

It has been some time since we met for lunch. Today we decided to meet and catch up with each other. He's a great drummer - both a drummer in DUMC and a drums instructor in college (recently been busy in Sedaya college).

A brother and a friend he is. I would say God has been good to him and real in his life. Today I felt such a zeal in him and how passionate he was when he shared about God and how important it is to put God first in his life... in my life. It reminded me of who God really is, and that He's waiting at the door of my heart... just waiting to come dine with me... again. His grace is so sufficient but yet, time and again, I'm always looking out for "something"... "somewhere"... to fill me... to satisfy me. It was only yesterday morning when I felt a longing (like what Elliott said - he must be so prophetic to call me last night and ask to meet up for lunch!) deep inside me but not knowing what it is. It's not just about having a great family with a great husband and a cute lil girl... it's not just about being involved in ministries in church... it's not just about being effective and efficient at work... it's not just about being financially sound... it's not just about doing the things I am passionate of... it's not just about trying to change my lifestyle and keeping fit... above all that I said that are important, what matters most is where's Jesus in all these? It's all about Him... it's all about deep keeps calling deep.

Elliott shared about a conference that took place in his church not long ago and how blessed he was and those who attended it. It was a "God At Work" seminar by Kent Humphreys. He ask me to download the notes from DUMC website and be blessed from reading the notes :) From Elliott's sharing, I know one thing that I must remember doing - to remember His grace and remember Matthew 6:33... How this verse had somewhat lost somewhere during these while when busy became my middle name.

Sometimes, when the good things in life are in our hands, we let go what's BEST! When the heart focuses on God, the best will come our way. Let not our hearts be contented by the things that are good... but let it be filled by what God's been storing for us - the BEST!

Here's praying that all of you reading will also come back to His word and know that He is near and what God has in store for you are better than just good. God bless!

No comments: