Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First baby solids... specially made by mummy

Heh heh... No, it wasn't the first time baby Sarah had her solids, but it was first time for mummy to make porridge for baby Sarah! :)

"This has to be blogged!" I told myself! Hehehe... I made baby Sarah carrot porridge. The first time was on Saturday... this right pic was my first attempt!

Now... what went wrong? Yep, i think the carrot cubes were not fine enough. Oh boy... after a few spoon feeds, I had to go through the trouble of pureeing the carrots while feeding baby Sarah. She kept looking at me "chopping" her carrots and showing some signs of impatience... "What is mummy doing with my porridge?" she must be asking herself.

OK OK... i learnt my lesson. Her poo that night and the day after that had carrot cubes in them... Oh boy... she must have had indigestion because of mummy's ignorance. :p

And so, Monday was my 2nd attempt to make baby Sarah carrot puree. I put very little rice and more carrots and I made sure that her carrots are pureed properly before I start feeding her. So, this pic on the left was taken....

Hmm... now when I see it... definitely more carrots compared to the first attempt. The carrots were finer but still not fine enough I guess...

OK OK... shall make better carrot (and others) puree in the coming weeks. Mummy needs to learn to make yummy purees for baby Sarah. Well, thank God she "accepted" my weaknesses at this time... very forgiving indeed. Hahaha... love u, Sarah! *kiss*





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... maybe dumping the whole thing into the blender will be faster and easier? :P Put other things as well la - too much carrot makes the skin orangish. You won't believe the number of things I put inside. One meal can get lots of different nutritions mah. Hehe!

richrach said...

Hehe... Yes, i heard about the orangish skin when eat too much carrot. So far, this is oni the "testing" stage for me! :p

I need to collect more recipes to make nice porridge and purees for bb. Me no blender at the moment... will go get one soon.

Err.. any other recipes for this new mummy? :)

Anonymous said...

Aiyo... no need whatever recipes la at this age. Just dump in whatever you have at home. Some people put anchovies to make it tastes nicer but it's kinda salty la. You can put pumpkin, potato, sweet potato, fish, banana etc. Just intro different tastes to her so that she'll learn to accept all kinds of food. If you don't want to blend the porridge, you can grate those stuffs finely before dumping into the slow cooker. If you're like me, I don't intro salt and sugar till my kid turns one plus, so that she won't be choosy in food next time. Depends on what's your preference. Some people 'kesian' their baby coz the food is tasteless. But babies don't know that coz their tongues are not trained yet! :) But I think baby Sarah is those type that practically eats everything rite? Easy la for you. Hehe!

richrach said...

hmm... the thing is... i dont really have much at home. gotta go buy... but yeah, i wont introduce to her salt yet... :)

u know what? i let sarah "chew" on a jambu air last night... she actually bit it!!! scary la...